Orange Bomb's Sketch Pad

If you pay attention, you might actually learn something.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Life has been good to me.

This actually has more to due with the whole probability thing I just posted, but what the hell I'm going to post it anyway. I've just been sitting back for a bit and pondering about the things that have happened in my life and how they've put me where I am now, just those random things in life that all seem to have happened by chance without us knowing. Brought part of this up in a previous post, but it was put amongst a swath of other information, so this is just going to be a quick refresher.

You see, I'm currently no less than a month and a half away from being kicked out from where I am. However, the odd part of this is that the reason that I'm being kicked out for, mostly isn't my fault to begin with. I know that I'm going to be kicked out because whoever is pulling the strings behind my back thinks that I can't preform at the standard required, and views me as just another person who couldn't cut it; which is kind of bullshit since I know otherwise. So I'm not freaking out about all this, because somewhere in the back of my mind I know that most of this isn't my fault. I know where I screwed up, but at the same time I know what problems were someone elses fault.

So I guess it would be best to begin at like the first big curveball that hit right? Well here is how it worked out, I had just gotten down here and had gotten paired up with one of my first roomates Thief. To save on time let us cut to the chase, during one large project where I had to make more than 40 copies, to cover four sheets of posterboard, and had more than enought change to cover the copies. Thief walks away with all my money for the 40 copies and leaves me scrounging around for just enough change to make 20 copies, and the results were disastrous.

When I look back though, it's wierd to think that Thief didn't just pick any moment to steal my money. Thief was somehow able to find the exact moment when it would be the most inconvenient for me to have my cash nicked. The one moment out of the entire three months that I knew him, that would be the most troublesome.

Stuff like this has gone on for a year, stupid little inconveniences made by other people that somehow all end up being solely my fault for letting them happen. It felt kind of like trying to explain drug addiction to someone who has never had a drug addiction; occasionally you feel like something has stuck, but in the end they really have no idea what drug addiction is like.

Now we take this recent event, again another big project, with another big key item involved, a Macbook. Now personally, do to things beyond my control, I don't have a Mac, so I had to borrow one from a public lab. Everything is going pretty well, I've got a good chunk of information and sources stored, the project is coming along nicely, even though I've spent most of the first day on it doing reasearch. Yet come another day, to be specific, one of the last work days before the project is due, and I find that the Mac that I was using was gone. Now this means that everything, all sources, information, bibliographic references, pictures, video, web bookmarks, the incomplete project, everything, is now gone and I'm back to square one with a deadline right around the corner.

I don't know what in Buddah's name I must have done to piss off whoever I did, but I must have done something to deserve this. Since when I look around me, everyone else seems to have thier Macbook and the only one that is missing is the one that had all my stuff on it. I'm not looking for sympathy here, I'm mearly just stating the facts of what has happened to me by what appears to be just random chance.

Honestly I know it's probably a bad thing to actually want this to happen, but I just can't wait for the next big project to come around that will help decided if I get kicked out of here or not; just to see what the next inconvenience will be, and just as to how whoever is in charge will react to it. So I guess we're all just going to have to wait and see what ends up happening purely by chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home